Tuesday, June 4, 2013

First time in Tuolumne since accident

Wei came up for the day to climb in TM with me. The last time I had been to TM before my accident was with Wei too. I remember we had a great time climbing American Wet Dream and thrashing about on Galen's Crack. This time, our/my goals/expectations were significantly lower.

We started off on Puppy Dome and then climbed at Daff Dome. The approach and descent was quite difficult for me. I think it was the first time I really just enjoyed being outside and enjoying our surroundings and view, regardless of how shitty I was climbing.

Moving up the crack awkwardly

Fairview Dome across from us. One good looking dome.

Drove back to the Valley to have dinner with Kent. He had brought up all the vegetables, spices, grains to make a fantastic dinner, knowing that I did not have my usual cookware with me. We hung out around a fire, drinking wine and eating chocolate. A wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment