Tuesday, June 4, 2013

An Eastside day

Went back to Rock Creek to hike to Ruby Lake. Still some snow at elevation. I was moving quite slowly today; my left leg tends to drag when it is tired and I was tripping a lot :(



I met Patrick and Holly, two of the people who helped with my evacuation the day of my accident. I didn't even know what they looked like and didn't know how our encounter would go. I didn't break down in tears or anything like that. It was just like hanging out w/ two fellow climbers. It was wonderful to be able to see them under better circumstances. Holly, in particular, asked very good, probing questions about dating, sex, etc. post-accident. We hung out at open-mic night at the Black Sheep coffee shop in Bishop. There were some, erm, interesting performances.

Patrick, it turns out, is a guitar and banjo player. Here he is performing w/ another local climber (Patrick is on the left playing the banjo). Ugh, trouble loading video.









No comments:

Post a Comment